Monday, September 1, 2008

The Most Beautiful Day

We were reminded just how much love and support we have in our lives, when on June 8, more than 50 friends and family gathered (on the hottest day of the year) to celebrate our baby-to-be! Benay and Dani had planned the shower for months and it showed...everything was perfection! I wish I had taken pictures of the beautiful decorations, the amazing food and all the wonderful gifts, but I was too busy enjoying everyone's company! My cousin Mike and his wife Parresh stayed with us that weekend (with their beautiful son Kian) and helped out tremendously getting the house and yard prepared...and keeping us calm and relaxed. My mom brought a gorgeous plant for our centerpiece and the famous, delicious petit-fours and mini eclairs from our favorite bakery...yum! And my dad and Dave's dad read a wonderful, funny and of course sentimental poem together in honor of the baby-to-be. It brought laughter and tears to us all. Dad has a way of doing that with his writing. Everyone gave beautiful gifts...my friend Julia wowed everyone with her amazing hand-made outfits and towels for both the baby and Maddie! I will post pictures of those soon!

All the guests proved to be strong troopers because it was sooooo hot (98 degrees, I believe)...and our house doesn't fit that many people inside comfortably...so a lot of the celebration was held outside! But the kids utilized the kiddie pool to cool off and the adults just grinned-and-beared it. It was the most beautiful day of love, support and celebration. Thanks everyone!

Here are some photos my talented friend Jonathan took that day.

Gifts galore!
The MichaelsJen & Michelle
Ernie (all the way from California!)Mike & sweet Sean Kev & beautiful Taylor

0 comments: